I was nominated by the lovely Maeve for this award.
If you don’t already follow her, definitely check out her blog, Books by Maeve. She has some great content and has been so supportive of my little baby blog. Thank you, Maeve!
The Rules for the Award
- Thank the person who has nominated you and provide a link back to their blog
- Answer their questions
- Nominate up to 9 other bloggers and ask them 5 new questions
- Notify the nominees through their blog by visiting and commenting on their blog
- List the rules and display the “Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award” logo
- Provide the link of the Award creator of the Ideal Inspiration Blogger award as Rising Star from: https://idealinspiration.blog
What book reminds you of your childhood?
There are so many! One came up in a conversation at work recently so I will go with, Carmen Lomaz Garza’s book, In My Family/En Mi Familia. This children’s book is about families in the Mexican American culture and the author is a fellow Texan (yeehaw!) I remember our teacher read this book to us in elementary (in the early 90’s). It made such an impression on me because it was the first time that I saw a reflection of myself, my family, and Mexican American culture in a book.
If you could only listen to three songs for the rest of your life, what would they be?
Argh! This one is really hard. Since this is just a hypothetical question, I will pick one that makes me dance, one that makes me smile, and one that makes me cry. I’ve linked so you can listen if you’re curious!
September by Earth, Wind & Fire (I love disco!)
Here Comes The Sun by the Beatles (It’s hard not to feel happy with this one.)
Already There by Lonestar (Makes me cry like a baby.)
As soon as COVID is over, where do you want to travel?
I don’t have a specific place in mind, but I’ve been wanting to go hiking somewhere close by. I just can’t decide if we will take my daughter or not. She’s one year old and has never been before.
What food do you want more people to try?
I am a really boring person when it comes to food, so there’s not anything that I can think of right now. I always order and eat the same things.
Do you have any books signed by the author? (If you don’t, which ones would you want to be signed?)
I’m not really the type to get books signed by the author. I did have a signed copy of one of Matt De La Peña’s books at one point. I think it was The Living.
I don’t know a whole lot about who has already been tagged, so I’m sorry if you’ve been nominated already. I think this award encourages the recognition of newbies, but I’m like a level 1 newbie so everyone I’m nominating has probably been doing this longer than me! Who knows, maybe you will like my questions and will want to participate again. I nominate these amazing bloggers (don’t forget to support and visit their pages):
Amanda @ Bookish Brews
Rebecca @ Bex the Bibliophile
Destiny @ Words with Destiny
Beks @ The Little Fiction Fox
Julia @ The Penny Kettle
Laura @ Extraordinary Explorer
Saniya @ SunnySideReviews
Michael @ The Unseen Library
- What is one book/movie/show that you thought you would hate but actually really liked?
- What is your favorite thing about where you live?
- If you could instantly learn a new skill, what would it be?
- What is the last goal you achieved?
- If you had the DeLorean time machine to go back in time, what time and place would you travel to?